CASAA Call to Action for ALL VAPERS
Even if you’ve reached out to your lawmakers in the past, we need you to do it again. We have received word that the Cole-Bishop amendment is being seriously considered for inclusion in the FY2017 US budget.
But, this is not a guarantee. There are strong forces working against anything that might be perceived as a “Republican rider” in the budget bill. Even though Cole-Bishop is a bipartisan effort in support of what should be a bipartisan issue, the effort to modernize the predicate date for vapor products has been stripped out of the budget before.
Nevada only published..find your state lawmakers at :
congress.gov/members: Contact your state representatives in Congress
House Reps by State: Contact your state representatives in the Senate
Please take a moment to call your representative and senators
- Sen. Dean Heller (R) – (202) 224-6244
- Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto (D) – (202) 224-3542
- Rep. Jacky Rosen (D) – (202) 225-3252
Points to discuss on your call:
- Urge them to support the Cole-Bishop language in the 2017 US budget bill
- If the predicate date for vapor products is not modernized, nearly all vapor products will be wiped off the market in 2018. Many businesses will start closing down this year.
- The FDA will still have the authority to regulate vapor products and common sense regulations like no sales or marketing to minors will remain unchanged.
- If you have time, briefly, tell your story about how vaping has helped you.
When you’re finished with your call, visit www.august8th.org and send an email.
Please share this URL with everyone. EVERYONE!
CASAA Legislative Team