Tell President Trump to NOT Ban Flavors on Vapor Products
White House Switchboard: 202-456-1414
On behalf of almost 14,000 American vapor business owners, more than 87,000 American vapor workers, and the 13 million adult consumers they serve who use flavored vapor products, I am asking you NOT to implement a federal flavor ban on vapor products.
A ban on flavored vapor products will devastate more than 11,000 small businesses nationwide and result in tens of thousands of people laid off. The Made in America flavored vapor industry is larger than concrete industry and larger than the iron and steel forging industry. The vapor industry has a total economic impact of $24 Billion on the U.S. economy – all of which is hanging in the balance as you consider this action which will wipe that out.
The vast majority of vapers are adults who successfully quit (or are trying to quit) cigarettes with the assistance of vapor products by relying on a variety of flavor options like fruit flavors – but not tobacco flavor. And, there is plenty of research and survey data that shows that flavors keep smokers from turning back to deadly cigarettes.
It is already illegal for teens to purchase vapor products. And, there are many other steps we can take to limit teen use of vapor products including stricter marketing standards and stronger enforcement of the laws already on the books. But, banning these products for adults will only hurt the U.S. economy and send millions of adults back to smoking cigarettes or to the black market. Additionally, deadly combustible cigarettes will still be available on the open market and left untouched.
Researchers say that flavored vapor products truly represent a safer alternative to cigarettes.
- E-cigarettes are at least 95% safer than cigarettes according to the Royal College of Physicians.
- In Feb. 2019 the New England Journal of Medicine published a study which concluded vapor products are twice as effective helping smokers quit than traditional cessation methods like nicotine gum or patch.
- Georgetown University public health experts conclude that switching to e-cigarettes would save between 1.6 and 6.6 million lives over the next 10 years.
- The American Cancer Society’s Public Health Statement on Eliminating Combustible Tobacco Use in the United States stated, “switching to the exclusive use of e-cigarettes is preferable to continuing to smoke combustible products.”
- There has been no indication that industry standard nicotine-containing vapor products are to blame for recent cases of lung illness. In fact, FDA investigators found that black market THC were likely the cause.
A flavor ban is a terrible idea that would be devastating to all the growing small businesses dedicated to helping their customers quit deadly cigarettes. Please consider these businesses and all Americans desperately trying to quit and change course. Please do NOT implement a federal flavor ban on vapor products.
National Call To Action – Light Up The White House Switchboard
The White House needs to hear from adult vapers and anyone who loves a vaper! A flavor ban won’t protect our children, but it will kill their parents. We need to
Light Up The Switchboard
At The Whitehouse!
202-456-1111 On your call:
- The operator will likely ask where they can direct your call
- Simply tell them that flavored vapor products saved your life; and,
- tell them “We Vape, We Vote.
Be polite, be brief, and say thank you.